Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Melting the frustration away

I love my girls, I really do. But they tend to wear my nerves raw at times. And I can get very frustrated with them. Today was really a good day, but by the time that nap time was over my girls had decided to not hear a single word I said, unless it could be turned into something that they wanted to hear. I was getting very frustrated and just a little angry. I knew that I just needed to calm down and that things weren't really as bad as I felt they were. So I split the girls up and had Ellie watch some tv while Audrey took a bath... And I calmed myself down with some me time... All after dinner before bedtime. While sitting at the computer I heard my Audrey singing a song... And after a little while it dawned on me what she was singing. It was a song all made up in her head. But to me it was one of the most beautiful songs I could hear... all about her life and love... I quickly grabbed the camera and sneakily (well as sneaky as my creaky floor will let me) I crept up to the door next to the bathroom to catch the song and keep it in my memory. So I caught a few moments of the song for you to hear. After, I took some pictures of my Audrey, you will see them at the end of the video...


When getting her ready for the pictures, and getting her jammies on I talked to her a little bit. She talked to me about how when she is older and gets married she will want to move into the house with me. So that we will never be apart. I tried to explain to her that she would probably want to live in a different house, so that she could start a new life with her husband. She burst into tears, and told me that she never wanted to do that. And I laughed and hugged her and told her to remember that, because when she is older there will be times when she doesn't want to live with me. She shook her head and cried a little more. So I hugged her and told her I loved her and that I would always be near her no matter what. And I really do love her no matter what. 

I really do.
I love my Audrey.
I love my Ellie. 
You are my pride and joy.
The two of you.
Forever and Always.
<3

2 comments:

gilian said...

So so sweet. It's all simple, right? I love you, you love me.

Shi said...

yes it is :)