Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The 1st adventure of 2013

So I don't typically let my girlies play with Playdoh. I don't like the smell, and how it gets under my nails when I play with it, also I don't like the mess it makes. And last but not least... I can not stand it getting mixed together, while it looks cool. That is one thing that drives me a little crazy. But I am trying to overcome this problem of mine and want to be able to let the kids play with stuff like this a little more often. Also I am overcoming a fear of getting rid of the bad/unused/broken/etc. toys.. And not worrying about if the colors get messed up. For goodness sake, Shilo, just let them play with it a bit and then let it go.

Perhaps if I take care of my own problems in these areas then my girls will too. I suppose that is sort of what I am working on this year. Half of my issues with the girls are just that... my issues. I need to work on them not my girls. And hopefully while I work on my issues it will help out my girls' issues.

Anywho...


I have a video of the girls playing with their Playdoh set that they got for Christmas. And that they love playing with. It is a little long, but it has some good interactions with the girls playing together. And you can kind of hear Ellie's froggy voice... She lost her voice during the escapades of New Year's Eve... :)




3 comments:

Jessie said...

Her little voice is so funny and sad at the same time! And I'm right there with you on the play-doh mixing thing... sometimes I'm ok to just let them play, but other times it irks me to no end that they can't just take better care of their things... but they're just not that old. I have to keep reminding myself of that. And we all get through it eventually... right?

Shi said...

That is my hope... :)

gilian said...

Such fun for them together. And that voice?! Sad, but funny, but sad...