Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Disco Skating

I went out with my sweet husband for the first time in a little while this last saturday night. We decided to go disco skating, (Stu used to do this all the time before we got married, but we hadn't been in like 2 or more years.) it sounded like fun. So we got Grandma to agree to a late night of watching the babe.

Stu Heads off and gets there about a half hour before me. He has his own skates but I have to rent. The show ends and I hurry home to change. I get there at about 10:30. And this time I actually succeed in skating around with roller skates on. I only had a handful of troubles balancing on them. I am usually much much better on blades.

We were skating around on what was going to be our 2nd to last song... it very quickly became the last song we were out.

I had been there for about 45 mins. Me and my sweetie were holding hands. Having fun! But..... Something happens... He starts to go down. Holding onto my hand. Next ting I know his foot hits mine and trips me up, crap, down I go.

Ok, so all night I had been grabbing onto him to maintain my balance. So I can understand that he would do the same.

I landed on my right hand and it turned into a ribbon. My back tweaks, I get the wind knocked out of me, and my cheek hits the floor. PAIN!

I sit up and grab my hand. The first thing I do is pop my fingers, I didn't even look at them. I can only imagine that they may have been dislocated. Stu asks me if I am alright and he then helps me off the skating floor.

I sit down and try to regain my breath, then a wave of nausea hits me. And as I am trying not to throw up, Stu takes off my skates. Luckily my regular shoes were just slip ons.

We leave and Stu asks if I think that I can wait till tomorrow to go see the doctor. I decide I don't think I can sleep with this pain. So we pick up the babe and head to the ER.

At 11:30 pm we arrive at the hospital. Audrey won't sleep. I have about 10 xrays taken of my hand and wrist. All taken before I had gotten anything for the pain. Oh man did that hurt. By 1:30 the doc said that they couldn't see any breaks right now. But I will need to have secondary xray done in a week so see if there is any healing going on. So the put on a fiberglass splint to immobilize my wrist and pinky finger and sent me home at 2. The babe finally fell asleep about 5 mins before the check out nurse talked to us.

That was my saturday night.... fun.... Well mostly!

1 comment:

Janene said...

I'm sorry about your hand. The last time I went rollerskating my sister broke her arm. I am not a big fan of rollerskating.

Hope you feel better soon!