Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Prayer

I am thankful to live in such times as these. This life is grand. It is good to know that there are good people in this world. I am also thankful that I can live in such a place as this where I can let my voice be heard and can maybe make a difference.

This last day has been historic. And I know that phrase has been said a lot. But I feel that it needs to be repeated. Historic. History been made. I believe that it is history being made, and I wonder if we made the correct decision. Oh don't get me wrong I am happy for this. But I can't help but wonder. Do I think it should have gone a different way? I don't know. I am happy today. And will pray that things go right tomorrow. I think that is all we can do anyways.

I feel the same way about the way I raise my daughter. Today I try and do what I think is right for her and for my sanity. And I hope that it will bring forth a beautiful, happy Child of God. So far things seem to be going well. And I hope things stay that way. But I still worry. Have I done the right thing?

And so that is how I go... Have we done the right thing? Who knows...

But today...


I am happy. So let us pray and hope for bright tomorrows.

2 comments:

gilian said...

Shi,

If how I think counts at all, I place one vote of support for the way you raise your daughter. She is your girl and you are her mom and clearly you love her and she loves you. And like the historic election, you surely hear many voices telling you what is best for your daughter (sorry, mine is probably the loudest), but this is no election. This isn't majority rules or enough votes to block a filibuster. This raising your daughter is your right. Your job. Your opportunity. You can choose how to do that job, who to listen to, what examples to watch, but ultimately, she is yours and you are hers.

Even still, if my vote counts at all, I vote for and support you.

McDougal Family said...

Shilo, I Ditto everything you said but I would change one thing. I have Boys not a Girl. :)