Monday, October 20, 2008

Second midnight

Well the second night in a "big kids bed" went fairly good. She did wake up and go to the door and scream at about 4 am again. I got up and took her back to bed. I don't think she fell out of bed but then we did put an old quilt down for her to land on and two pillows. So I may have just not heard her fall. Anyways...

She was wide awake and not really wanting to sleep. But I got her to lay down. Singing wasn't getting her to sleep this time. So I just stayed with her. And finally she fell back to sleep just moments before I fell asleep.

And when she finally woke up this morning we had a visitor. I baby sat the neighbor's little boy. He is about 7 months older than Audrey. But I thought it was nice for them to finally play a little together. Though this may have not been the right time for her. She is just a touch moody with all this change going on around her.

So she threw a bit of a fit after a little while of having fun with him. We called grandma and she talked through her anger with my mom. She calmed down and came back down stairs to play and finish an episode of Dora.

This afternoon she had a very good nap, in her bed!

Then I decided that we needed to rearrange Audrey's room. So that the bigger bed would fit a little better. And she now has her own dresser. (YAY!!! Thank you so much!)

And tonight is the first night, with the new bed, that daddy hasn't put her down to sleep. And shall I say.....

SUCCESS!!!!!

I got her to bed with out much problems. She didn't even fuss when we changed into pj's. We found her binky and got a sippy and her bear. Got kisses from all her puppy dolls... and got tucked in. I said night night and left the room.

She cried a little but now all is quiet. I hope she is actually still in bed I suppose we shall see.

1 comment:

gilian said...

You are a trooper and it sounds like the bed is all good from here on out. Or maybe she'll be like her daddy and occasionally sleep in bed and mostly fall asleep wherever he was playing.