Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Catching up

So a lot has happened around here... but I suppose a lot is always happening. But here is the run down. At the end of October/ beginning of November I was called to be in the Relief Society presidency. 2nd counselor. I was sad to be leaving my calling as RS teacher. I had really come to like teaching the class. I also was in charge of a cooking class for the RS (sort of a pet project of mine).  But I have come to find out that my calling means that I sort of in charge of the activities for the RS. Anyway... Oct/Nov I worked spot lights for My Fair Lady.

Nov. 30th Stu turned 30. And we spent his birthday night at the theatre. He was my double for Christmas Carol. Which set us up for a fairly busy December. I had the RS Christmas Party to organize and pull off... Thanks to my Mom and a few other women in the ward, it happened and went pretty well. Then I had my first lesson as a member of the presidency. Which I must say scared me more than actually being a teacher. As a teacher I had a manual that I could follow. As a member of the presidency they give me a topic and I have to figure out how to get that message to the women. A much more daunting task. I tell you I was more scared to do that than to get the party done. But things ended up well. And all I had to do after that was get my Dec cooking class done and my calling stuff would be done for a little bit... The cooking class went well. I had my Grandpa and my father teach some candy making stuff and I did a little chocolates making demonstration as well. It was fun.

The next thing we had happen was Audrey's first Dance recital which I posted about earlier.

Then we finished up the show and then it was Christmas. And I say I was really happy to be out and relaxing for Christmas... Yeah that didn't really happen. But things were a little more relaxing. We were able to spend a bunch of time with family. Which was really very nice :) The girls loved Christmas, spending all sorts of time with their cousins, and Grandparents and so on.
Anyways here are some pics of Christmas time.

 Christmas morning
  Waking up the Daddy...
opening the presents!



You can see the sweet remodeling of my old Dollhouse for the girlies in this pic. Thanks Grandma  Darby! And Grandpa Steve!!! The girls love it!


Then off to Grandma Jill's for what was left of the morning! And some yummy delicious breakfast from Uncle Jake! And some fun times with the cousins and the whole family!

These pics were all taken from the Grandparents. Some Christmas eve and some Christmas morning. As you can see the girls had way too much fun. 


And I shall add more tomorrow. This doesn't nearly cover all that I would like to but there is more to come. 

2 comments:

gilian said...

It was a fun Christmas, right?

Shi said...

It was a very fun Christmas :D