Friday, March 25, 2011

4 yrs old






My Audrey is FOUR! I can't believe it. And now for my bragging. Sorry I really do try not to.

She is into all sorts of things now a days. Her most recent accomplishment is learning that she can jump over things and people. Also she has now figured out that it is fun to jump off of things. Right now she is only jumping off of the armchair and the sofa and such. I think I have also heard her jump off of the stairs. But if she hasn't done that yet it will be happening soon I think.

Audrey is starting to understand and follow rules more now. She understands the basics of being polite (please and thank you). :) She is understanding that if she just demands things of me I am no longer going to just comply. And while she hates that she can't be in charge and get everything her way she is starting to get that she isn't in charge of everything. Although she still tries.

We are working on learning "The Golden Rule". As now she is starting to realize that Ellie hits back. And wants the things that Audrey has too...

She still loves to "help" me clean. And I am trying to let her. She will help out with the dishes. And today she actually helped me vacuum after 10 mins of screaming about me not vacuuming, because her toys weren't all picked up, but she didn't want to do the work to "save" her toys. But sometimes she will clean up all of her toys just to help out. And that makes me very happy. She is learning the rule that if she changes her mind and wants to play with different toys, she needs to clean up the toys that she already has out. As I said she is just learning this rule. It is a hard concept. But I think she understands it, she just doesn't want to do it. So I have to remind her. And for the most part she will keep her toys in their designated areas. And that helps me out with keeping the house clean.

She also loves to help me cook. Which can be really fun. We are finding new things we can do all the time. She is a great fitness coach. Though I don't really appreciate when she bugs me about getting out and exercising. She loves to go for walks to the park. And I am looking forward to getting out more on those nice sunny days :)

She is doing the things that she has told us she would do. As in keeping her promises. She is sometimes trying new foods. We haven't had near the amount of melt downs about trying new foods as we had been having. But I also don't know if that is because we haven't been pushing the issue. But her amount of foods that she likes and will eat is growing!

She loves her sister, and even though they fight on a fairly regular basis. At least they generally get along and love each other.


3 comments:

gilian said...

Adorable photos of adorable girls!

egebs said...

Both your girls are adorable. Audrey sounds like a so much fun and quite the adventurer. You will have to take her swimming so she can jump into the pool.

Glad to hear you and your family are well.

Shi said...

She has been asking me if we can go swimming in our little lawn pools for a month now. 0.o But yeah I think she would like to do that... :)