Monday, February 07, 2011

Cleaning

Just a warning to myself and my family.

Some times... I find that a good cleaning of things will calm a stormy life.

Alright, almost always, if I clean up the crap that is just laying around and creating clutter in my house I find that I feel much, much better.

I learned this from my Mom. And I am sooo glad that she did this regularly through out my life. And she has helped me to do the same thing to my own house. Helping me see what is okay to get rid of and what is okay to keep. So while I did get some of the, "I need to save that in case I need that" gene from my Dad. I can get through and see what really is worth saving. Even if that is just my sanity. :)

So yeah I do like to save things just in case. But if I don't need it and it has been sitting for a long time. I can also just get rid of it.

Today is a day where I have felt the energy and desire to just purge my house of a lot of the things that I have just cluttering it. Today I am storing away the stuff that isn't played with, used or anything like that, but that I can see will be wanted, used, or played with in the future. I am tired of cleaning up the toys that they just want to dump on the ground so that they can get to the fun stuff.

I am tired of searching through piles of clothes to find what fits and what I want the girls to wear. So I will be going through the girls clothing and sorting them, after I get them all washed...

Next after that I will go through my own clothes and my husbands clothes.

I need to de-clutter my life. Yes I realize this will probably take more than just today, and I realize that I have been doing this every so often for the past month.... But I hope to continue this until I get my house as organized and de-cluttered as I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a strong need to declutter again myownself