Friday, May 01, 2009

Baby Update!

A few weeks ago we had the ultrasound... And this little child is not a shy one, apparently. With-in about 2 seconds the technician asked if we wanted to know what the baby was. And of course we said yes! We are having another little Girl! And so far as he could tell she looked healthy and, like her sister, is very active.

And this very active little girl has made mommy's uterus agitated. So last night I went into the doc's to see if I had a uti.... but no... tested neg. So they told me to go to Labor and Delivery to get checked to see if I was in preterm labor. Stu and I spent about 5 hours sitting there waiting for test results to come back... and just being monitored for contractions. I did have some that they could see... but the last one I had was about 2 hours before I left. So they gave me a shot of some medicine to relax my muscles and watched me for another hour. Then they sent us home.

All that while I could have nothing but clear liquids. And I hadn't eaten since 2. Not good for someone with Gestational Diabetes. Anyways... I ended up not being in Labor, thank heavens. But now I have to take things a lot easier. Can't pick up the Audrey babe, can't go on strenuous walks, etc. Also I need to rest and lay down if I feel contractions. Fun, huh? Oh well, at least I am not on bed rest yet. :D

3 comments:

Hess Clan said...

Take it easy-hope you feel better.

gilian said...

I can hardly wait. But I hope she will. Wait, that is. Until she is a bit, well, more ready.

Remember this quote: "Now is the time for all pregnant women to watch Dora the Explorer with their feet up and their two-year-old by their side on the sofa."

McDougal Family said...

No Vacuuming For Shilo!!!!! Hey, Hope all goes well with little Emily There!!! ;) Hope you are feeling well and I love you!!!