Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Big steps

Audrey has made a big step in the reasoning department.

She has realized that if she does what we want, as in bargaining, she will get what she wants...

While I used to be able to count on her not doing what I say or at least I could get her to, say, take another bite of food before I gave her what she wanted, mostly because she didn't realize what I was doing. Now I need to follow through with my end of the bargain on the first time she does it.

Last night she wanted spaghetti after she had eaten almost all of her corndog. But we wanted her to finish up all of her corndog. So we let her eat one bite of spaghetti after she ate one bite of corndog. After the corndog was all done we wanted her to eat some more strawberrys, which is one of her favorite fruits right now, so we did the same with the strawberrys until she no longer wanted to eat. It was a very successful meal.

This morning before breakfast she wanted to watch her new favorite show, DragonTales. We told her that she needed to eat breakfast before watching DragonTales. She put up a tiny bit of fuss but then got into her chair and wanted "Circle Yoyos" (translated into Apple Jacks even though she knows they are called Apple Jacks, she likes to call cereal "yoyos") When she only had a little bit left she decided she was done and wanted to watch Dragons. So I said that she needed to have one more bite. She then proceeded to grab her spoon away from me and shove one more bite in her mouth. So I had to let her be done and go watch Dragons...

Normally it would be you need to eat or go to bed. So I could almost always just put her back to bed when she didn't eat her food, thus getting myself a little more time to sleep in the morning. But now she has this all figured out. She is a bit too smart at times, I think.

On a side note...

Last night I got a sliver in my foot and Stu had to take it out. Audrey watched and said that Daddy was "cutting Mommy" and I told her, "No, Daddy isn't cutting mommy he is fixing her booboo." So Audrey wanted daddy to fix her booboo.

This morning however daddy found a splinter in Audrey's hand, while he was going out the door to work. So I had to take care of it. We told her it was like mommy's booboo last night. And she saw my bandaid and then wanted one just like it on her foot. But while daddy was looking at her sliver she said, "A ladybug bite her ouchie". She kept repeating this while I went to get the tweezers and pulled out the sliver, which wasn't in too deep and wasn't too big. Then she proceeded to show me all the little booboos on her hands (i.e. hang nails and the like) calling them all lady bug bites.

It has been an interesting morning so far.

No comments: