Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Computers

They are silly things. Sometimes you hate them.... they take too much of your time. Other times you can't pry yourself away from them.

What makes them sooo addictive. I have a feeling that it is the escape from reality that makes you want to be on the computer.

See I play this game... Everquest 2

If you have never heard of it.... Then you are out of things a bit... It is a huge online game. Set in a fantasy world... Where you can be just about anything you want to be... Of course you have to pay for the use of the server... and you have to set up your character and stuff...

Anyways I play a Dark elf Brigand... That is like a rogue but sooo much cooler... And all I do is try to level up my character... Because I have friends who play and they play much more than me so their character is a higher level than me and it is difficult to play with friends that have higher levels. Unless they mentor you but that is a whole nother story. But in this game you can hunt things you can become an artisan, you can be a bard and sing or you can just sell items. It doesn't matter. And you can just have fun with it. I prefer to just hunt things and get money and more levels... As you get higher in levels it becomes more difficult to level up. So it is also very challenging that way. But also there is a huge world to explore and I haven't even explored a 3rd of it. So you can see how addicting this can become.

But the reason this can be bad is because when you get into this world real time disappears and you forget what needs to be done... i.e cleaning the house, eating, or when you have to leave for work... This is not a good thing. So you must learn to control your time on the computer. So arguements don't happen... But eventually they will and then you stop playing for a bit... And then you start up again and the old habits reappear... no good just need to learn to control yourself and everything will be good.

Just clean before getting on the computer and all will be well.

And that is my ranting for the day.

No comments: