Thursday, June 23, 2005

King Aurthur

So I had another dream...

This time I started the dream out as a little girl around the age of 10 or so maybe a little younger. I was being raised by a woman who was not my mother. We lived in a large house. Everything there was white (I didn't see much details in the house, I guess that wasn't important).

As time passed and I grew older I seemed to skip years and all of the sudden I was about 16 or 17. Still living in this same large house with this same woman. When our house came under attack. It was an army sent out to kill King Aurthur's wives. Well the woman I was with seemed confused and frightened. But she knew they were going to kill her. For she was King Aurthur's wife and they wanted to start a war with him... So what a better way to do this than kill the women he loved. So she grabbed me and we ran for the back door to escape.

Soon I began to lead the way because we were running down the huge backyard of gardens. As I turned around I knew that we were leaving the castle. King Authur was away on a trip somewhere, you know taking care of his kingdom and such. But the woman his wife became confused and wondered as to why I was so afraid for my life. So as we were running through this huge garden I began to tell her.

"Well you know I am his second wife." I said. She replies, "I am his one and only wife, how can you be his wife?" "Well of course you know, don't you? You were there you said it was okay, you were at the ceremony..." "I never saw anything like that happen..."

Ok I saw that this was going nowhere... and it was usless to argue the fact that she knew that he had more than one wife. You see I had been given to the king as a gift, my father gave me to the king as a young child, in order to one day become the king's wife. So he and his wife raised me as their own child. My name was Guenevere. I had wed the king, but the king did not really love me. He of course loved his first wife the most and truly wanted his family to be with her. I was only there because he needed me to be his wife. So therfore he never truly came to me.

(All of this past history I just knew had happened, it never really played out for me)

When we reached the bottom of the hill I saw a knight, Lancelot. I knew it was him but I didn't see him very clearly. He told us to run further and pointed in another direction. He would stall the army and help us to get further away to safety.

As I ran past him... I knew that I loved him. And he loved me. He truly loved me for the person I was and not the position that I could give him. Unlike my husband, the king, because Aurthur only truly loved his first wife and couldn't find it in him to truly love me in the way that I needed to be loved. And that is why I went to Lancelot. And we just kept running.

This dream was a short dream so it didn't go into much detail with scenery or what things looked like. I had woken up at 7:30 to call my work and they told me to call back at nine. So I fell back to sleep and had this dream... I was woken up by my cat who jumped on the bed to say Wake up you need to call work again... It was nine on the dot when she did that. But it took a few moments for me to realize what had happened. It was a different dream than the previous dreams, because of the lack of background details. But it also had more just known details as if I was actually inside her mind. And I knew what she had gone through in her life.

Weird

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always liked Lancelot.
We were just talking about Camelot that night, your aunts and I, maybe you picked up on our conversation over the mountains.