Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Being blind

What I want to know is why nobody ever told me that I was Legally blind without my contacts in...!

It makes me angry I have been like this for most of my life and no one told me.. They have all just said yes she can't see... mutter mutter grumble....

I have thought it for sometime but just sat down and made my husband look it up... and yes I am blind. I always used to joke about it... But I just need to vent about it... It seems that all doctors do this to me... They never tell me exactly what is wrong with me and I don't know why... It seems that they know what is wrong but they just don't want to tell me that this is what is wrong.. They will only tell me how to fix it... like stop drinking caffiene, stop eating so many mints, and stop eating spicy foods, then you will get better. And so on...

They just make me so angry. I just want to know straight out what my problems are so that I can fix them... Goodness. I hate having to find out for myself when others can just tell me. Grrrrrrrrrr

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well shilo, sometimes we have to show faith in what counsel they give us. I did that with both the doctor and the iradologist. THe first sort of helped and the second did help and helped me reduce the stress and headaches in my life. I didn't understand how it worked and I still have no idea what was really wrong, though I suspect that it is Tension and stress induced. Also, I always knew that I was legally blind without glasses, I can't drive legally without them, and I can hardly see anything at all unless it is within 3 feet of my face. And my eyes are worse than yours. Anyway, I love you sis. Hope you start having a better day and week. And I'll see you with your vernors on Friday. Does Stu want one too?

Shi said...

Are they really worse than mine.... I thought mine were worse... what is your prescription
..... :D

Anonymous said...

I'd have to check, I dod recently get a check up, but I am fairly certain that I always had worse vision, thoughy I did plataeu after high school, and you may have gotton worse since then.

Shi said...

hmmmm.... i don't know