Friday, July 08, 2005

Candy

My family is in the business of making candy. Well at least my grandpa is. And I love to sell it for him. As he is away on vacation he has had need of other family members to keep the store open for him. And since my mom doesn't work he begged her to do it.

Today my mom couldn't make it up to the store, so I went. I really do enjoy being up there. Maybe more so when other people or family members are up there. It was quite lonely up there today. So in order to keep my spirits up I turned on some music that I like to sing along with. And played a bit loud but it got people to come down to our side of the mall if only to see where the noise was coming from. But most people enjoyed it or they didn't say anything to me about singing soooo... oh well.

But I was there for about 2 and a half hours... It started out pretty promising with about 4 or 5 sales in a row. Though they were only 1-3 dollar sales. It was better than nothing. But as the hours progressed I only ever did make those 1 dollar or 3 dollar sales and after about 4pm no one wanted to buy it they all just wanted to taste. So I got discouraged and decided to close up the store... Oh well I still like to go up there and try to sell the yummy delicious fudge of my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and a BIG THANK YOU!!! I was just too sick today!
Mom