Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Saxamaphone

Well I was able to play in a band yesterday. I was soooo nervous, I didn't know if I could play, if they would be forgiving, or anything of what to expect. But I calmed myself down on the drive out to my mom's town by listening to my favorite band, Sawyer Brown. I like their older stuff because they have saxophones in their band. Plus it is just great fun. And I love to sing along. So that helped me feel better. And thank heavens I practiced a bit before I went. Otherwise my chops would have not lasted nearly as long as they did.

Anyhow... we played for just about 3 hours... goodness... and since we had no drummer we were dragging the songs down alot... And that bugged some of the other players who were band directors... but tough they were not in charge and were not directing us. So what ever. but they played most of the songs kinda slow... I was worried that they would play them a bit faster but I guess that just came from the marching band and pep band experience up at college where we played everything superfast.

But I was able to keep up with the old people who had been playing for years... or decades or something. And so when we finished I was exausted... yet filled with tons of energy still... So I went home to calm down a bit and ended up going for a long walk with my mom. Which I haven't done in forever.

After the walk I headed home to my husband. When I got there I just crashed on my wonderfully comfortable bed (but that's another story). And had a few weird dreams... But after a day at work I have forgotten them... So I am not exactly sure what they were about or anything... So I won't even go there.

Goodnight world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

music playing can really alleviate stress too.

Shi said...

yeah that is one of the reasons I play right now as well... I just forget about that from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Saxamaphone! I haven't heard that in so long! Reminds me of Koosh balls and string licorice on bus trips and Super Freshmen and 'ooh those West Jordan saxaphone boys are hot...' Well I thought I'd say hi, and your blog site is very cool Shilo!